Download page on Sourceforge.net with all previous versions. GNU also mirrors stable and unstable releases.
Some of you will eventually have some problems. Possible resources: Installing Solfege, Sound setup, Mailing lists and Solfege on Win 32 (if you for some reason want to try to build the windows installer yourself. Hint: you don't.)
Stable release: Solfege 3.20.8 (220.127.116.11 on win32)
This is the recommended release for end users. The release notes will show the latest changes.
- Windows installer . This installer includes all you need to run Solfege. You don't have to install any version of Python og Gtk+. Sourcecode of the precompiled programs included in the binary are available here.
- Zero install package This is a GNU/Linux binary installer that will work on most i386 GNU/Linux distributions.
- Solfege on MacOSX
- Source tarball
- winPenPack package for USB stick: This package is created by the winPenPack people, so please report packaging related bugs to them.
Development release: Solfege 3.21.4
- Source tarball
- zero-install package. This is a binary GNU/Linux package replacing the Autopackage we used before.
- MS Windows installer
- Bzr repository of Solfege for Gtk+ 2.0.
A buildbot creates a source tarball of the latest code from the bzr repository. We hope to add autopackage and MS Windows binary builds. Download nightly builds here.
GNU Solfege can make use of some external programs for special features. These programs are not required for most of the exercises, but some people will probably want to install them.
These programs are usually included on your GNU/Linux distribution. On debian or Ubuntu, just open a terminal and type
sudo apt-get install timidity mma csound lilypond
to install all these programs.
Installing timidity on MS Windows
Download TiMidity++-2.13.2-cvs20100919.win32.zip and unpack it to C:\. After unpacking, you should find the following file: C:\TiMidity++\timidity.exe. If not found, you have done something wrong.
Create the C:\TiMidity++\soundfonts\ folder. Follow the instructions here to download 8MBGMSFX.SF2 and place it in C:\TiMidity++\soundfonts\
Create the file C:\TiMidity++\timidity.cfg with the following content:
dir "C:\TiMidity++\soundfonts" soundfont "8MBGMSFX.SF2
Then start Solfege, open the preferences window for GNU Solfege and enter C:\TiMidity++\timidity.exe as the path to the MIDI player program. Adjust the path if you install timidity elsewhere.
Installing MMA on MS Windows
Download and install WinMMA 1.1. Enter C:\MMA\mma.py as the path to MMA in the GNU Solfege preferences window.
Installing CSound on MS Windows
Download CSound from sourceforge.net. Most versjons should work. I have tested 5.09 and 5.10. You will probably have to install Python 2.5 from http://www.python.org/2.5.4 to get rid of the error message about python25.dll not being found.
Download 2.10 from http://lilypond.org/web/install/